Not accepting any new students July & August 2020.
Please arrive 10 minutes BEFORE the start of class
Bring a large towel, water and a sticky mat. Everything can be rented or purchased at the studio.
Classes are 90 minutes.
The door is locked at the start of class.
Be prepared to sweat as the room is hot by intention.
Wear light comfortable clothing. No sweatpants or loose T-Shirts.
Avoid eating 2-3 hours before class.
Pregnant Students (after the first trimester) are welcome. Postures are modified within the regular class.
Please no perfume or cologne in our fragrance-free studio.
Take your second class within 24 hours. The second class is the equivalent of 2 to 3 classes, and you will bypass much of the soreness you would experience otherwise.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Come in 10 minutes before your first class and fill out a release form
- Bring a large beach or bath towel, and some water (all those items can be purchased and/or rented)
- wear comfortable clothes (no sweatpants or baggy T-Shirts), and be prepared to sweat
- Be Hydrated
- Yoga is best done on an empty stomach
- Please no perfume or cologne in our fragrance-free studio
Bikram Yoga is a series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises done in a specific order, designed for our cultural problems of stress, overeating, bad posture, and aggressive lifestyles. This exact technique and series of fixed poses brings better health to anyone willing to try it.
The body is naturally self-regulating and self-healing. It just needs to be boosted when it is out of balance. Bikram yoga provides this boost by gently stretching, squeezing, and massaging the internal organs, spine, muscles, tendons, and joints. It flushes out the cardiovascular system, and stimulates the endocrine, nervous, and reproductive systems. Toxins are eliminated. The central nervous system is both energized and soothed. The lymphatic system is flushed out and the immune system is built up.
Some immediate benefits of Bikram Yoga:
- Reduces stress
- Improves quality of sleep
- Builds strength and endurance
- Increases flexibility and muscle tone
- Alleviates joint pain
- Improves your posture
- Improves circulation
- Reduces risk of injuries
- Increases energy level, balance, focus, and coordination.
The room is heated for several reasons:
- To increase your heart rate
- To reduce your blood pressure
- To increase your flexibility safely
- To aid the body in releasing toxins
- To thin the blood to clear out the cardiovascular system
- To improve your strength by putting muscle tissue in optimal state of change
- To reorganize lipids (fats) in the muscular structure
- To eliminate trauma and injury to the body
- If the heat causes extreme discomfort for you, be assured that you can change that with 4 consecutive classes. This effort will increase your tolerance for the heat.
NO. This is a beginners series created for people with chronic pain and disease. Anyone can try it no matter what shape they are in. Remember, you will improve from the very first class. This yoga will help your body reach optimal health.
The first trimester is a vital time for the developing fetus and you may be tired and/or feeling ill. Therefore, it is best to wait until after your 12th week before starting the yoga. Postures are modified for pregnancy but done in the beginners class so you are welcome at any class. If you already do Bikram yoga and feel well, you may just continue your regular practice until you feel the need for the modifications (between 8 and 12 weeks).
This is the most common misconception that prevents people from coming to a yoga class. You don’t need to be flexible to do yoga. Just come to class and “try the right way” to do each posture and you will get 100% benefit. We help you develop your strength and then show you how to use that to get more flexibility.
This class is challenging for all levels and you never outgrow it. You will be amazed at the cardiovascular effect you get from holding still in postures. Your body continually seeks to normalize in yoga and so if you are overweight you will lose weight. Consistency is key. With persistence, patience and dedication your body will come into balance.
People of any age and condition can do this yoga. It reduces the symptoms of many chronic diseases and is the world’s best preventative medicine for the whole body. This series was created to eliminate chronic pain in your body and to reverse the signs of aging.
If the heat creates extreme discomfort for you, be assured that 4 consecutive days of yoga is all you need to increase your tolerance for the heat.
Yes these are all normal, especially for the beginner. The most important thing for you to do is come hydrated. Just try the right way and do the best you can, resting when you feel the need. Learn to listen to your own body and take care of yourself in class.